The song has been performed by numerous singers along the years, but it was originally performed by Josepha Hofer, who was also Mozart's sister-in-law.
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,
Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!
Fühlt nicht durch dich Sarastro Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr:
Verstossen sei auf ewig,
Verlassen sei auf ewig,
Zertrümmert sei'n auf ewig
Alle Bande der Natur.
Wenn nicht durch dich Sarastro wird erblassen!
Hört, Rachegötter, hört der Mutter Schwur!
Hell's vengeance boils in my heart,
Death and despair blaze about me!
If Sarastro does not through you feel the pains of death,
Then you will be my daughter nevermore:
Disowned be you forever,
Abandoned be you forever,
Destroyed be forever
All the bonds of nature.
If not through you Sarastro will turn pale!
Hear, gods of revenge, hear the mother's oath!!
- The song was performed by Cristina Deutekom in the 1971 TV movie adaptation.
- The song was briefly performed by June Anderson in the 1984 biopic film Amadeus.
- An English version was performed by Lyubov Petrova in the 2006 film adaptation.
- The song was adapted in the 1994 animated television film adaptation.
- The song was performed in the 1995 animated film in English.
- The song was performed by the character Bibble in the 2006 direct-to-video Barbie movie Barbie Fairytopia: Mermaidia.
- A recording of the aria by Edda Moser with the Bavarian State Opera, conducted by Wolfgang Sawallisch, was included in a collection of music from Earth included on the spacecrafts Voyager 1 and 2.